You get to:
- Teach children who learn differently
- Watch them grow and mature
- Watch their language unfold
- Help them learn to make friends
- Teach children to love reading
- Meet amazing families
- See your students' self-esteem blossom
And here's the part that's not for sissies!
- Spend hours writing reports and IEPs
- See children who struggle
- Advocate for children who struggle
- Not always agree with the system
- Feel overwhelmed from time to time
I guarantee it is worth it. Roll up your sleeves and start loving this incredible job of being a special educator!
I have spent the last few weeks re-doing and updating my special education manual